These are my links for October 23rd from 10:40 to 21:48:
These my micropostings and bookmarks – June 20th through July 13th:
- Social Shopping Gets Personal: Lucky Magazine Partners With ThisNext – Lydia Dishman – Style, Inc. – Forbes – An interesting development linking a 'curating', style-hunting and aggregating magazine with a style-surfacing, member-as-retailer site, ThisNext.
- Armourtex Ltd : Cycles – Power-coating bike frames in Hackney. As used by Al.
- Among Six Types Of Failure, Only A Few Help You Innovate | Co.Design – What an interesting and refreshing take on the 'failure is good' mantra.<br />
Enumerating different types of failure on a 'failure spectrum' is a good idea. <br />
I would extend the thinking though to assess how predictable the failure was. Rather like the difference between manslaughter and murder, the determination is based upon intention, reasonable foreseeability (?) and levels of negligence or omission.<br />
The difference between 'experimental testing', recklessness and wilful, non-learning neglect should be considered as part of what makes a "good failure".
- Why I, Jeff Bezos, Keep Spending Billions On Amazon R&D – Yahoo! Finance –
- 3M Visual Attention Service – Eyetracking from 3M
These my micropostings and bookmarks – May 20th through May 30th:
These my micropostings and bookmarks – April 12th through May 16th:
- Karl Falk Watches l Models – A singlehanded "einzeiger" watch. <br />
Like old clocks that did not use a minute hand, this watch gives reading accuracy to within a couple of minutes via a red-tipped single hour hand.<br />
Neat idea, but without a sweep hand, date, and better granularity then it's more a design statement than anything.
- YouTube – Existential Star Wars (In French) –
- WVIL, A Glimpse At The Future Of Photography After Cameras Die [Video] | Co.Design – Interesting and well-thought-through example of how photography can escape its historical formfactors. As a committed Leica or simple SLR fan I like the simplicity and "hand-ful" heft of the established format, but given the extent to which cameraphones have opened the practice of photography and development from a sensor 'chassis' to link with some prime glass has got to be of interest.<br />
Sony NEX? RED digital movie cameras? The trend's already in train.
- The street still rules for shopping » Yanidel Street Photography – Great 'street' photo, with a juxtaposition between massive brand and individual seller, between the promise of the 'web' and the scale of the personal, "analog" seller.<br />
This image was made for powerpoint presentations – I'm trying to resist out of respect for the photographer, but boy is it a challenge… 😉
- 10 Best Ad Campaigns "Life's too short for the wrong job" (Pic) | Daily Dawdle –
These my micropostings and bookmarks – March 8th through March 30th:
These my micropostings and bookmarks – February 20th through March 7th:
These my micropostings and bookmarks – January 6th through February 20th:
I was pleased to be invited to speak in Aarhus and Copenhagen by Recommended.dk, one of the top agencies in Denmark.
I’ve mentioned the content of the speeches over on pencil.wpengine.com, but here are some photos from Copenhagen…
The Flickr set is here:
All images with the M8.2 and 35mm Summicron Asph.