These my micropostings and bookmarks – June 20th through July 13th:
- Social Shopping Gets Personal: Lucky Magazine Partners With ThisNext – Lydia Dishman – Style, Inc. – Forbes – An interesting development linking a 'curating', style-hunting and aggregating magazine with a style-surfacing, member-as-retailer site, ThisNext.
- Armourtex Ltd : Cycles – Power-coating bike frames in Hackney. As used by Al.
- Among Six Types Of Failure, Only A Few Help You Innovate | Co.Design – What an interesting and refreshing take on the 'failure is good' mantra.<br />
Enumerating different types of failure on a 'failure spectrum' is a good idea. <br />
I would extend the thinking though to assess how predictable the failure was. Rather like the difference between manslaughter and murder, the determination is based upon intention, reasonable foreseeability (?) and levels of negligence or omission.<br />
The difference between 'experimental testing', recklessness and wilful, non-learning neglect should be considered as part of what makes a "good failure".
- Why I, Jeff Bezos, Keep Spending Billions On Amazon R&D – Yahoo! Finance –
- 3M Visual Attention Service – Eyetracking from 3M