Microposting(s) for April 30th through May 23rd
These my micropostings and bookmarks – April 30th through May 23rd:
- web based CRM software – online contact manager – absoluteBUSY – Interesting-looking hosted CRM solution. Works well and quickly on a Mac and the structure looks neat. Can’t see how to import/export though, nor how to operate with other systems of feeds, but logged here so I can find it later.
- Facebook Leaks Usernames, User IDs, and Personal Details to Advertisers – Very clear deconstruction of how FB passes user information – username, city, age, gender – to advertisers. It’d be a simple problem to resolve globally, so must assume that this is part of their plan?
Thanks to Antony for pointing this out.
- The Biggest Challenges for a Conference Program Director – Monique gives a lucid view on the challenges for a conference director, articulating well the balance between a conference that people want to attend and the marketing thereof. Rings many bells.
The format of the video interview is neat too (apart from the sofa – yak!) – brief video, with the key points in text below.
- Etacts – Social plugin for gmail. Tracks contact activity, sets reminders, logs conversations, mass mailing and more.
- BBC News – Today – Audio slideshow: Eye examination – Really nice slideshow format.
- How Renting, Not Owning an iPhone Could Have Saved Gizmodo: Expert | Fast Company – Common sense, interesting angle and well-written to boot.