Microposting(s) for December 14th through January 7th
These my micropostings and bookmarks – December 14th through January 7th:
- YouTube – Zugara’s Augmented Reality & Motion Capture Shopping App – Zuagar’s ‘demo’ of AR in use to choose clothing. Now apparently in use at Fashionista.
- YouTube – How to use Fashionista – The New Webcam Social Shopper – Nice implementation (in video, at least) of Zugara’s augmented reality software. Not sure why AR’s needed at all – just seems to do scaling that could easily be done with arm-waving.
That said, it’s a nice demo of how the Playstation’s EyeToy is not being used for apparel retail.
Funny old world.
- Josef Hoflehner Photographer | Jet Airliner – Wow – that’s what I call wonderful black n white photography. Not only is the subject incredibly well-observed, but look at the contrast, the choice of tone… Sigh.
- How to Write a WordPress Plugin | Devlounge –
- Xmas 2009 online retail stats round up | Blog | Econsultancy – Useful roundup of the various stats, predictions and punditry
- Mobilizy Proposes ARML to AR Consortium :Mobilizy – Hm. After APML we now have “Augmented Reality Markup Language”.
The main thrust is to get geo/location information into AR browsers and devices.
This appears to be a glorified “Open Waypoint” system (since the ARML data should work on Google Earth etc), and I wonder whether there’s something similar already in the directory/hyperlocal/yellow pages community to manage this?