Microposting(s) for June 21st through June 23rd
These my micropostings and bookmarks – June 21st through June 23rd:
- Customers given too many choices are 10x less likely to buy | Derek Sivers – Useful summary and factoids:
“For 10 years, Columbia professor Sheena Iyengar has been studying choice. For her research paper, “When Choice is Demotivating”, they ran a great test:
They set up a free tasting booth in a grocery store, with six different jams. 40% of the customers stopped to taste. 30% of those bought some.
A week later, they set up the same booth in the same store, but this time with twenty-four different jams. 60% of the customers stopped to taste. But only 3% bought some!”
- Sheena S. Iyengar – Research – When Choice is Demotivating:
Can One Desire Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Vans Custom Shoes – Like Nike ID, but you can ‘invite your friends to design with you’.
Produced by fluid.com
- Lucky Brand Jeans – The use of video is well-integrated and restrained, while the ‘chat to a friend’ feature on every product page is straightforward and actually works.
- Almond Cookies I – All Recipes – These worked – most tasty. I made with an extra 30g of ground almonds instead of the flour.