e-Consultancy are running an interesting take on awards this year – the focus being upon Innovation in the key areas of digital marketing, rather than achievement per se. This should allow plenty of room to dig underneath the normal approach of “vote for famous big company”. In these awards we can look inside the monoliths that are the leading UK companies by size and reputation and acknowledge some of the many initiatives, experiments and inflexion points that in aggregate can lead to success.
Best of all, one can celebrate initiatives that fail (for good reasons and worthwhile learning) as well as things that otherwise might be under the public radar.
The award categories (below) give plenty of opportunity to enter.
I’m pleased and rather humbled to have been invited to judge (there’s a pretty stellar list of judges – plus me) and I accepted in seconds (before the offer was withdrawn ). I’m really looking forward to seeing the entries and it’s going to be a privilege to see the nominations.
Entries close on 24 October so don’t delay! Remember too to be generous in nominating the person you think has been most innovative.
The Award categories are:
- Innovation in Affiliate Marketing
- Innovation in Email Marketing
- Innovation in Online Advertising Innovation in Multichannel Marketing Innovation in User Experience Innovation in Social Media and Communities Innovation in SEO/Natural Search
- Innovation in Paid Search/PPC
- Innovation in Web Analytics and Optimization
- Innovation in Online Conversion
- Innovation in Online Retention
- Innovation in Online Acquisition
- Innovation in Digital Marketing and Team Management
This category will recognise innovative approaches to team management/HR, recruitment and retention strategies and managing significant team growth
- Most Innovative Person in Digital Marketing
There’s no fee for entering this additional category, so be generous of spirit: tell us which innovative person you admire and why.