These my micropostings and bookmarks – April 12th through May 16th:
- Karl Falk Watches l Models – A singlehanded "einzeiger" watch. <br />
Like old clocks that did not use a minute hand, this watch gives reading accuracy to within a couple of minutes via a red-tipped single hour hand.<br />
Neat idea, but without a sweep hand, date, and better granularity then it's more a design statement than anything.
- YouTube – Existential Star Wars (In French) –
- WVIL, A Glimpse At The Future Of Photography After Cameras Die [Video] | Co.Design – Interesting and well-thought-through example of how photography can escape its historical formfactors. As a committed Leica or simple SLR fan I like the simplicity and "hand-ful" heft of the established format, but given the extent to which cameraphones have opened the practice of photography and development from a sensor 'chassis' to link with some prime glass has got to be of interest.<br />
Sony NEX? RED digital movie cameras? The trend's already in train.
- The street still rules for shopping » Yanidel Street Photography – Great 'street' photo, with a juxtaposition between massive brand and individual seller, between the promise of the 'web' and the scale of the personal, "analog" seller.<br />
This image was made for powerpoint presentations – I'm trying to resist out of respect for the photographer, but boy is it a challenge… 😉
- 10 Best Ad Campaigns "Life's too short for the wrong job" (Pic) | Daily Dawdle –