These my micropostings and bookmarks – November 27th through December 13th:
- [Editorial] "Purchandising" – This in my Editorial from the November issue of Internet Retailing Magazine. Also available as 'digital print' via the November digital edition.
- Exclusive: Foursquare's New Partnership With PepsiCo Takes Focus Off of Places | Fast Company – Interesting development. Using the 'location stream' to aid the targeting of adverts and promotions, even if not necessarily related to that intersection of space and time. <br />
A next stage must surely be the sale/exploitation of sentiment and attitudinal information…
- How a Personality Test Designed to Pick Astronauts is Taking the Pain Out of Customer Support | Fast Company – Very interesting read and shows the combination of psychology, business rules, linguisitic planning and the computing horse-power to deliver in real time.
- Kickstarter – "We’re the largest funding platform for creative projects in the world".<br />
Crowdsourced funding. Nice.
- thefridaynightakeout – Geurilla cooking, local quality produce meets entrepreneurship and pop-up approach. <br />
"I’m a freelance cook based in east London and I’ve worked for a number of years in London at restaurants such as The River Cafe and Moro. I’m starting a once a week takeout which will happen in the London Fields, Shoreditch, south Hackney areas. Every Friday I will cook a casserole style dish (or two) depending on whats in season and what produce looks good. The blog will feature whats on the menu for the friday night. I can take requests by text or email from early in the week. Produce will come from a range of sources, such as Leilas shop, Ginger Pig, Bensfish, Riverford organic, McKanna meats. I deliver between 5 and 7.30 on the friday evening and the food comes cold, it just needs to be warmed up. Each main course will be between £8.50 and £9.50 depending on what i cook. There will be a vegetarian dish available for £7 on request. firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 079 043 84019"