These my micropostings and bookmarks – September 12th through September 21st:
These my micropostings and bookmarks – August 18th through September 2nd:
- Net Promoter Scores by sector (The Bazaarvoice Social Commerce Blog) – Useful piece on the NPS scores by industry sector, from the 3.2m user-base that Bazaarvoice's clients reach.
- Welcome to FashionStake. The revolutionary online marketplace for fashion. – Interesting site that allows customers to 'invest' in a collection and shape its progress. A step on from customer-mediated selling (eg ThisNext) or launching directly to customers via social sites, this approach merges fractional ownership with an 'angel' approach (eg WineAngel).
- Conversation Home | Nordstrom.com – Nordstrom does conversations/stories – social commerce meets high-end retail.
- Top 10 Politico Tech Blunders, From the Internets to the Google | Fast Company – Delightful. Jokes aside, a humbling reminder of the jargon related to the web, and if course the fundamentally complex underpinnings. This ain't no digital book.
- DANNY LYON: "The End of the Age of Photography – Part II" (2010) – Wonderfully intemperate rant by a wonderful photographer against the evils of the digital age: not seeing, not keeping, not remembering. Touching on the archive aspects, the behavioural aspects and some personal recollections. Tempting to fully agree, but there's a whiff of reactionary thinking, plus a lack of options to move forward, rather than moving back… The thought of children just erasing a lifetime's digital works is as chilling as a cherished library being send to Oxfam or for pulp…