These my micropostings and bookmarks – February 12th through March 6th:
- "Embrace Your Page Rage" – adaptive path » newsletter for february 24, 2010 – Nice and provocative article on the notion of 'pages' in web design. Of interest to ecommerce professionals and online merchandisers given the dynamic, algorithm-driven 'pages' we serve to our customer 'personae'.
- Layers: Screen Capture for Mac. PSD Compatible. – Wow – screen capture on steroids. Not only does is have nice, full-window and full-browser grabbing (even parts outside of the screen), but the grab is converted into a PSD layered image so you can play with the various elements in photoshop later. Very interesting.
- Bokode – Camera Culture Group, MIT Media Lab – Bokeh-code: diffraction patterns from out-of-focus light points convey more data, from further, while using less space than a traditional barcode. <br />
The requirement for a light source could be an issue, but certainly a nice approach, and one that uses 'out-of-focus' as a way of carrying more data.
- FCUK Exposes Its Naked Marketing Scheme to ChatRoulette Users | addybaddy | Fast Company – Nice appropriation of ChatRoulette to bolster the brand positioning. Quick off the mark – I like the confidence.
- HipLogic Inc. – A mobile 'platform' layer that runs on closed handset systems to offer an integrated 'smartphone' and app-like experience, even for phones that lack an app-friendly OS. Currently available in the UK via Carphone Warehouse as http://snapplife.com/
- Last day of Borders – Lorenzo Wood's photo – Lorenzo's photo of the last day of Borders.
- Quick and easy podcasting with an iPhone 3GS, GarageBand, and Posterous –