These my micropostings and bookmarks – August 4th through August 25th:
- Data Based : The Relational Model turns 40 –
- Walmart.com – see it in 3-D –
- Barclays, Orange Partner on Mobile Payment | AFSCM – Contactless payments using Mobile. Hmm – Octopus.com.hk anyone?
- Ronan Le Goff – Impressive sailor and nice guy who owned the house we stayed in while in Brittany.
- Teens Don’t Tweet; Twitter’s Growth Not Fueled By Youth | Nielsen Wire – Interesting factoids from Nielsen on how twitter under-indexes the overall web use for the under 25 segment.
- Apple Wants To Build A PayPal Killer, Say Wall Street Gossips (AAPL, EBAY) – This makes immense sense to me. iPhone users are used to their iTunes app and make micropayments ($0.79, say, for a tune up to £20 for an app and £100 for their .mac account…). In the absence of a PayPal app on the iPhone (invoked how? with no multitasking and clunky hand-shaking between apps…?) this would make sense.
Certainly it's no more onerous than Google Checkout and would be better integrated.
Cat, pigeons, amongst.