These my micropostings and bookmarks – June 24th through June 30th:
These my micropostings and bookmarks – June 21st through June 23rd:
- Customers given too many choices are 10x less likely to buy | Derek Sivers – Useful summary and factoids:
"For 10 years, Columbia professor Sheena Iyengar has been studying choice. For her research paper, “When Choice is Demotivating”, they ran a great test:
They set up a free tasting booth in a grocery store, with six different jams. 40% of the customers stopped to taste. 30% of those bought some.
A week later, they set up the same booth in the same store, but this time with twenty-four different jams. 60% of the customers stopped to taste. But only 3% bought some!"
- Sheena S. Iyengar – Research – When Choice is Demotivating:
Can One Desire Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Vans Custom Shoes – Like Nike ID, but you can 'invite your friends to design with you'.
Produced by fluid.com
- Lucky Brand Jeans – The use of video is well-integrated and restrained, while the 'chat to a friend' feature on every product page is straightforward and actually works.
- Almond Cookies I – All Recipes – These worked – most tasty. I made with an extra 30g of ground almonds instead of the flour.
These my micropostings and bookmarks – June 9th through June 17th:
These my micropostings and bookmarks – May 25th through June 2nd:
Inspiration Index – MyDeco takes the top spot in the “Customer Engagement” dimension – Internet Retailing
So – it’s not official: MyDeco.com has grabbed the top spot.
You can read the full results and analysis of the second ‘dimension’ of the Internet Retailing Inspiration Index (IRII) at the post above.
The next dimension is open for voting NOW and for a week, just a week, until 8 June…
Vote now. Tell your friends.
This time, it’s “Operations and IT”: who do you envy? admire? copy? Tell all – the gloves are off!